Paypal

Replied by princee18 on topic hello all when i try to

hello all
when i try to add a bank account i am permitted to only submit the name of the account holder.They dont allow to change the surname.I could not find any option to edit my name.
can you tell me that how can i do so?
15 years 11 months ago #1

Replied by princee18 on topic i too use paypal but

i too use paypal but i dont think that it is much secure.In my country i need to pay some fees if i want the fund transferred to my account.
15 years 11 months ago #2

Replied by Scribes on topic I think Paypal is great,

I think Paypal is great, but I wouldn’t use it as my personal bank account. I like my money to be a little more secure than that. Your money is also insured up to a certain amount when dealing with a bank. However Paypal works great to make and take online payments. I do a lot of online transactions and Paypal has worked beautifully. All a person has to do is click your link or input your email and send your payment. If works perfectly and is hassle free.

If there is a failing with Paypal, it is the level of services it'll provide. I have a client now furious with Paypal because his government contracting service won't be covered under Paypal, because it's a Level two system, whatever that means. Does that mean it doesn't qualify as an online store? No real answer from Paypal on that. :worried:
15 years 11 months ago #3

Replied by tstreet436 on topic I think Paypal is great,

I think Paypal is great, but I wouldn’t use it as my personal bank account. I like my money to be a little more secure than that. Your money is also insured up to a certain amount when dealing with a bank. However Paypal works great to make and take online payments. I do a lot of online transactions and Paypal has worked beautifully. All a person has to do is click your link or input your email and send your payment. If works perfectly and is hassle free.
15 years 11 months ago #4

Replied by Scribes on topic PayPal is the choice for

PayPal is the choice for lots of websites because they have been the first one. I am using those most of the jobs that I’m getting pays by PayPal. I think that Google Check would never defeat PayPal even if it is owned by Google.

Never happen. Paypal is sleeping in EBay's bed and they're not getting out of it any time soon. :-) Google better start looking out for Microsoft. If Yahoo is indeed about to get bought out by MS, it's going to totally change the online advertising industry -- and Google is going to suffer BIG-time. People will suddenly look at the stock and think, "Is it really worth $600/share?" Soon, it won't be.
15 years 11 months ago #5

Replied by Postman on topic PayPal is the choice for

PayPal is the choice for lots of websites because they have been the first one. I am using those most of the jobs that I’m getting pays by PayPal. I think that Google Check would never defeat PayPal even if it is owned by Google.
15 years 11 months ago #6

Replied by alpha on topic I think it's true that

I think it's true that they're the most used company. Google is starting to get into this market with Google Checkout, but PayPal has a huge head start. Unless they really do something wrong, I think they'll come out on top.
15 years 11 months ago #7

Replied by Postman on topic I have been using them

I have been using them for months now. They are the ones that I’m using because they are the most widely accepted payment processor and the only one that is used by my employers.
15 years 11 months ago #8

Replied by scribbler on topic While we're on the subject

While we're on the subject of PayPal scam emails, another tip is if it's a general greeting like Dear Customer, it's probably a scam. Report emails to their security dept for them to look into. It takes two seconds and could save someone a lot of heartache. All they ask you do if you get anything suspicious is forward the email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and delete the email.

And by the way, don't follow any links on the suspicious email to report it! Some od them are cheeky enough to include a fake one in their email. Instead type paypal.com in your web browser and look for the Security Center at the top right if you forget the email address to send it to.
16 years 12 hours ago #9

Replied by Scribes on topic It's true, they do seem

It's true, they do seem to be getting more complicated. A friend of mine was just complaining to me that he wants to sell a few things on ebay (not be a business) but the paypal rules are making it difficult to figure out how much it will cost him.

I imagine Paypal must be suffering this economy just a bit as well. Fewer people buying means fewer people using Paypal, and a lot of people keeping balances. That means a lot of interest being given out, right? I guess Paypal should initiate some sort of trading programs to put these funds to better use. But they're not really a true bank, I don't think.
16 years 1 day ago #10

Replied by alpha on topic It's true, they do seem

It's true, they do seem to be getting more complicated. A friend of mine was just complaining to me that he wants to sell a few things on ebay (not be a business) but the paypal rules are making it difficult to figure out how much it will cost him.
16 years 1 day ago #11

Replied by liowkc on topic My major gripe with Paypal

My major gripe with Paypal is the myraid structure of fees they charged. I am Ok with their security and customer service.
16 years 2 days ago #12

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Just another thought. Don't hide

Just another thought. Don't hide your address bar. For instance, right now, you should see an address like https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/index.php?page=forum ... I've seen phishing e-mails that also add subdomains, that try to trick people that do look at the mouse cursor, this is why I stated the "rule of thumb". Some are from China that look like login.paypal.com.cn?source= for example. Once click on some of these links even tries to open and install adware, or even viruses/worms. All it takes is one sleepy morning and a few seconds to comprimise your accounts!

I keep bookmarks on everything that I have an account with, and categorize them by type (i.e. Utilities, Bank Accounts etc.). Plus, bookmarked pages normally stay the same, where if you do choose to store passwords, they are saved for you on that page.
16 years 2 days ago #13

Replied by Scribes on topic Just another friendly tip from

Just another friendly tip from a former 1980s hacker. :-) Also, you might want to give the IP a glance if you're still undecided. Just use your email program to "view headers" or "view source" of the email message, and you'll get a group of "Received from:" IP addresses. Pick one, give it a trace through an IP tracer program, and see where it originates. If it's out of the country, or worse Africa, pitch it. :-) In fact, you can be very helpful to Paypal if you send the message source to their abuse/fraud department. They're people can scope out the fraudsters, and possibly preventing the IP address from contacting you again.
16 years 2 days ago #14

Replied by Meya on topic Yeah, when I leave my

Yeah, when I leave my credit monitoring site or bank sites, I just go to a new tab and browse from there. It is a shame that something was invented for at home can be so threatening.
16 years 3 days ago #15