Best and worst banks

Replied by KilgoreTrout on topic Re: Best and worst banks

Whaaaaat!!!

@patrick12 / all:
I came her this morning to discuss this very thing. I am going through this nightmare right now and it has put me in a horrible predicament. Can we start a new thread to discuss it will you/those with the same experience at NFCU pm me?(I am new here...not sure best way to handle.)
8 years 11 months ago #1

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Best and worst banks

That was an awesome story :cool:
12 years 10 months ago #2

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Best and worst banks

I know BOA business practice can be scandalous but this is ridiculous..........

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20110606/us_time/httpmoneylandtimecom20110606homeownerforeclosesonbankofamericayesyouheardthatrightxidrssfullnationyahoo

HA! That is sweet. Just proves that the little people can make things happen!
12 years 10 months ago #3

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Best and worst banks

I know BOA business practice can be scandalous but this is ridiculous..........

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20110606/us_time/httpmoneylandtimecom20110606homeownerforeclosesonbankofamericayesyouheardthatrightxidrssfullnationyahoo

Thanks Eugene! That's gotta be one of the funniest news articles I've read in a long time!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: code formatting
12 years 10 months ago #4

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Best and worst banks

12 years 10 months ago #5

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Best and worst banks

Meya, are you in or out? LOL, I miss the heck out of ya! Yes the Navy FCU deal was a complete mess, but I am over it and on to better things at this point! They did report the trade line as closed by consumer, even after that whole mess, they still kept sending me letters and note agreements to sign for thier navcheck line, I got on the phone and beat on them for well over 20 minutes telling them either stop sending me stuff after the fact or let me join! They have since to bother me again! :laugh: Seeing you on here makes me smile, please do it again soon or as often as you like! I know all of us on this board think so much of you! :cool:
12 years 10 months ago #6

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Best and worst banks

Went in to Garrett State Bank this morning and met with my loan officer, and he approved the application as requested! $5000.00 starting limit, 14.9% apr, this is upgrading from the Classic Visa to the Gold! Credit score at approval was 676 TransUnion 04 Classic Model. He told me because of the type of card it is he needed to get 2 signatures to approve the application, one from him and the second one from the assistant vice president of lending.

A blessing was waiting for you right around the corner! That is good news and music to my ears!
12 years 10 months ago #7

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Best and worst banks

I have some really bad news! I get a phone call today from Navy Federal telling me that I cant be a member because my father, who I asked to sponser me, but who isnt a member didnt retire from the army, and even though he served and recieved an honorable discharge, it still wasnt solid enough for me to qualify. So the 10,000 dollar credit card and the NavCheck line is all gone! What upsets me the most about this whole deal was, when I called to see if I would qualify to be a member, their customer service rep told me I would qualify based on what I told him about my father. I appreciate the encouragement from everyone on here up to this point. Sometimes getting knocked back a few steps, makes taking the next two forward even better! Im not giving up, thats for sure!

Whaaaaat!!! :shocked: :shocked: Are you serious?? This is the first time I have ever heard of such a heartbreaking setback. My goodness, could they have check their reference prior to offering you the credit card? That is so wrong Patrick12, I really feel sorry for you, but feel even better knowing that you are not giving up. Good luck to your future credit line with others, I would hope they would leave a positive message on your credit report, such as "closed by consumer."
12 years 10 months ago #8

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Best and worst banks

Went in to Garrett State Bank this morning and met with my loan officer, and he approved the application as requested! $5000.00 starting limit, 14.9% apr, this is upgrading from the Classic Visa to the Gold! Credit score at approval was 676 TransUnion 04 Classic Model. He told me because of the type of card it is he needed to get 2 signatures to approve the application, one from him and the second one from the assistant vice president of lending.

When you know the specifics, would you do a credit card review on the new Garrett State Bank Gold Visa? Thanks.
12 years 10 months ago #9

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Best and worst banks

WOW! Congratulations! This is good news. I have essentially the same card from another bank. Works well and has rewards too. Since Garrett State Bank is carrying the accounts receivable on the bank credit cards rather than an outside third party bank, they are being careful. My bank works the way and requires a loan representative and a bank officer.
12 years 10 months ago #10

Went in to Garrett State Bank this morning and met with my loan officer, and he approved the application as requested! $5000.00 starting limit, 14.9% apr, this is upgrading from the Classic Visa to the Gold! Credit score at approval was 676 TransUnion 04 Classic Model. He told me because of the type of card it is he needed to get 2 signatures to approve the application, one from him and the second one from the assistant vice president of lending. :cheesing:
12 years 10 months ago #11

I dropped my Visa Gold application off on the 10th of this month, called on the 13th to check the status only to find out my loan officer is going to Florida and wont have a decision till he comes back, which was today, now I am told that I have to wait tomorrow for a decision because my loan officer has to get it okd through the assistant vice president! I am into this deal for over 2 weeks and my patience is wearing thin! Im starting to think maybe its time for me to move all my accounts to Three Rivers Credit Union where they have a decision for you in less than 5 minutes! Really folks? Should it take 2 weeks?

I'm 100% advocating you to move to the credit union! More for the community, not-for-profit, lower rates, employer incentives, more ATM's with a shared branch network, local feel & satisfaction, overall it's just such a better relationship.
12 years 10 months ago #12

I dropped my Visa Gold application off on the 10th of this month, called on the 13th to check the status only to find out my loan officer is going to Florida and wont have a decision till he comes back, which was today, now I am told that I have to wait tomorrow for a decision because my loan officer has to get it okd through the assistant vice president! I am into this deal for over 2 weeks and my patience is wearing thin! Im starting to think maybe its time for me to move all my accounts to Three Rivers Credit Union where they have a decision for you in less than 5 minutes! Really folks? Should it take 2 weeks? :dumbfounded:
12 years 10 months ago #13

Before I pull the trigger with USAA, I decided to call Garrett State Bank, my local bank, and apply to upgrade my Classic Visa to a Gold, Min 650 TransUnion fico score gets it in your hands, I am a 676 with a ton of accounts with them, minimum credit limit is $5000.00, compared to my Classic Visa with $500.00. And thats all I requested, so I will let you guys know the results soon! Sometimes the best things are just right next door!

Great! That sounds like what I just did with my credit union. I had my Classic Visa upgraded to the Platinum visa, the credit limit went from $1,000 to $3,000. With my credit union you can accept "counter offers" on your requests. Which is nice because then it doesn't feel like a complete waist of time and hardpull. You may be better off using your local bank anyway, USAA is nice but with the lack of branches you might not adapt well. At the same time members of Finance Globe have proven success with USAA. :bank:

Personally, I don't use bank branches much anymore... I sometimes go for a roll of quarters to do laundry, that is if I'm in the area. :innocent:
12 years 11 months ago #14

Before I pull the trigger with USAA, I decided to call Garrett State Bank, my local bank, and apply to upgrade my Classic Visa to a Gold, Min 650 TransUnion fico score gets it in your hands, I am a 676 with a ton of accounts with them, minimum credit limit is $5000.00, compared to my Classic Visa with $500.00. And thats all I requested, so I will let you guys know the results soon! Sometimes the best things are just right next door! :cool:
12 years 11 months ago #15