Capital One ebill

Replied by FrankN on topic Capital One ebill

I eat there all the time!!!! Great, I better check into that.
6 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by Wanderer on topic Capital One ebill

Got'ta add Chipolte just acknowledged they may have had a credit card breach April 27, 2017. Wonders never cease ;)
6 years 11 months ago #2

That is very true! All of those stories you hear in the news on people stealing credit card info from companies like Target, etc.
6 years 11 months ago #3

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Capital One ebill

Wanderer wrote: Glad you were alert to the potential scam! It is such a shame we have such outstanding methods for efficient communications and doing business while the crooks are working it so we are shy about using the modern world.

I could complain about this for days! It drives me crazy that there are so many people out there who are trying to make money by scamming others. There has always been dishonesty in the world, but I feel like we have to face it on a daily basis now on. It isn't just online, either. Every time we swipe our cards in a store, we're taking a risk and all we can do is trust that their payment system isn't being hacked.
6 years 11 months ago #4

Replied by Lexie on topic Capital One ebill

Capital one would not eliminate their e-billing services. They try to get their money any way they can. It has been my experience that some of the scamming emails look so real it's scary. When in doubt, call the bank/company and find out the truth. Then be very careful of the email you open.
6 years 11 months ago #5

Replied by Wanderer on topic Capital One ebill

Glad you were alert to the potential scam! It is such a shame we have such outstanding methods for efficient communications and doing business while the crooks are working it so we are shy about using the modern world.
7 years 4 weeks ago #6

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Capital One ebill

I had something similar happen with Chase recently. They sent my husband an email saying that our login information had been compromised and we needed to reset our password. When I clicked on the link in the email, it took me to a page that looked just like Chase's homepage, but it was asking me for all my current information. I immediately left the site and forwarded the email to Chase's fraud department. Turns out it was a scam. You just can't be too careful these days.
7 years 4 weeks ago #7

Replied by Breakinger on topic Capital One ebill

That does sound like someone trying to steal personal information. Whenever I'm not sure about anything I always call the company to confirm. In fact, about a year ago I was getting phone calls from my utility provider stating that if I looked at my bill I could sign up for a certain type of savings. The only thing these people needed was my account number and billing information. It didn't sound right to me, so I called the company back with the phone number off of my bill and inquired about it. They told me that this was a scam and that they would never call like this, they would send a letter instead. Sometimes it just pays off to do your due diligence.
7 years 1 month ago #8

I would bet that its a scam for sure. Sounds very fishy to me.
7 years 1 month ago #9

Replied by Tishbel on topic Capital One ebill

I know it has been a while, but I got those messages from them. I ignored them. I still get emails sometimes about changes to their T&Cs, but since I closed the only card I had with them ten years ago to get one with better bonuses, most of those are probably phishing. If you're not sure about an email, phone them to check.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Tishbel.
7 years 1 month ago #10
  • Roughdraft
  • Roughdraft's Avatar Topic Author

was created by Roughdraft

Has anyone else been getting messages from Capital One, saying that they are disabling their automatic bill pay, and ebill services? I've gotten a couple e-mails and I received another one today stating that beginning September 8th they will not offer either service. From what I can read in the emails it just says that they will not provide them, and that you can use other alternatives such as paying on their website, or using their mobile app. Is this just an attempt to get more traffic to their sites? In no way can this be good for their customers, and it is this exact type of behavior that that us as Capital One card holds forewarn new members, that they are not out to keep long, loyal customers. I've had my card for about 3 years now. I was going to close it before the AF came up in March, but I think I will just go ahead and close it now, and tell them that its due to them making it harder for me to stay on track with my account...
10 years 6 months ago #11