Target National Bank - Card Selloff?

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Target National Bank - Card Selloff?

:white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag:
14 years 6 months ago #1

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Target National Bank - Card Selloff?

FG is the best... I don't know where else to go and get helpful tips on many different aspects of credit, banks and lending! Thanks ALL!!!:dumbfounded:
14 years 7 months ago #2

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Target National Bank - Card Selloff?

Patrick, that's a huge accomplishment! That'll definitely boost your scores and help you out in the long run!

Congrats!
14 years 7 months ago #3

Patrick12 Thanks for the tip. Never thought of it... This could be a new tool in our war chest!!!:relieved:
14 years 7 months ago #4

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Target National Bank - Card Selloff?

I know when I got declined for my Kohl's Charge, as soon as I got my letter, I called customer service and stayed on that lady until she approved me, period! I had an account with them and closed it in 1999, BIG mistake, she ended up pulling my TransUnion score and opened it back up, minimum score for approval is +609, from any three bureaus, they dont tell you that, but if you put enough pressure on them, they will pull another bureau, I felt like a made a BIG accomplishment by getting that card back, and I got 10 years worth of credit history with it to! :white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag:
14 years 7 months ago #5

Good info! Would be a great Reveiw also!
14 years 7 months ago #6

Hey hey hey... I was a Providian Card holder sold to WAMU and then sold to Chase. Then a couple of years ago I applied for a Kohls Credit Card. Denied (in store). This June 2009 I was in Kohls with a mailed piece with my name on it for a discount. Felt lucky and applied at the checkout (whew can that be embarrassing when you are declined). Anyway they took my DL and my new Chase Rewards Visa and ran them through and YES I was approved for a Kohls/Chase Credit Card with a $1,200 line of credit. Felt like yelling YES there is hope. So my Experian Credit Bureau took the hit with a 765 Vantage Score! When I remembered Kohls/Chase I made sure I gave the sales associate my Chase Rewards Visa Credit Card with four years of good history and a CL of $13,500. Planned for a hoped for success. Thought this info might help you if you have a Chase Credit Card. Maybe with Target former WAMU now Chase cardholders might help themselves...!:white-flag:
14 years 7 months ago #7

I'm sure Chase will take over the operations soon enough just like Kohl's and Circuit City (now Best Buy) cards.
14 years 7 months ago #8

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Target National Bank - Card Selloff?

I like that Kohl's will reopen an old account. It's like instant credit history. My sister closed hers (opened 2000) and then closed it in 2004 because she was using it too much. She went in last year and applied for a new one and they gave her the same account back.

And yes, you are right, Chase is just backing the portfolio, kind of like DNSB backs Macy's but Macy's still makes all their quirky decisions. But when you are talking GEMB or even HSBC, those guys service the portfolios from what I understand.
14 years 7 months ago #9

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Target National Bank - Card Selloff?

I guess Target made the decision to not allow online apps for now because the website tells you to go to the store or apply by mail.
14 years 7 months ago #10

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Target National Bank - Card Selloff?

Even though Chase bought part of the Target credit portfolio, that doesnt mean that Target Credit Services wont still service those accounts, its just like when Kohl's Credit merged with Chase, they still use their own in house underwriting, I know this because when I called them to reactivate my old account she told me that they still decision the request not Chase, alls Chase is doing is funding the operation and controling the portfolios, it was getting to be too big of a risk for Kohls to service that many accounts, thats why they sold that end of it to Chase, infact when they pull your bureau infomation, they dont use fico certified scores, that have their own scoring matrix they use, with me they pulled my Experian and was told my score wasnt high enough, when they pulled my Equifax, same remark, but low and behold, when they pulled my TransUnion, my worst score yet, lil a 515, she told me I was approved, and get this, there minimum score requirement is a 609, so the use a inhouse score, that I do know, but as far as Chase raising credit limits on the Target red card, dont hold your breath, Target credit services will still regulate all those decisions.
14 years 7 months ago #11

LOL. Does she have a Target card with the infamous $200 CL?

Actually she does. We both take a day off in December to do our Christmas shopping and on 12/07 she opened a Target card to buy an iPod or something, and even though she got approved for the Visa that gave her the very infamous $200 credit line. I told her not to close it and now it is at $2,200.
14 years 7 months ago #12

Very true. Especially Target because it is more "upscale" then Sprawal-Mart. I do enjoy going to Target, not as much as my sister though. Man, that chic can shop.

LOL. Does she have a Target card with the infamous $200 CL?
14 years 7 months ago #13

Very true. Especially Target because it is more "upscale" then Sprawal-Mart. I do enjoy going to Target, not as much as my sister though. Man, that chic can shop.
14 years 7 months ago #14

I totally agree with you on this one. This is exactly what I tell my mom she keeps begging me to visit the new 99 cent store. You think that you are going to pay $5-$20, but when you get to the register, it is very easy to have a total of $50-$100 in goods.
14 years 7 months ago #15