Capital One Bank

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Capital One Bank

Yes Wanderer, they have been soft pulling my Equifax report like CRAZY as well, I dont know what exactly they are looking for or what they are up to, but, its a bit strange I must admit as well!:dumbfounded:
11 years 10 months ago #1
  • Wanderer
  • Wanderer's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Capital One Bank

I noticed that Capital One has been doing soft pulls on my eqifax report. Is it customary for them to stalk you like that?

No memory of them doing this? Anyone else had any experience on this?
11 years 10 months ago #2

Replied by classy75 on topic Re: Capital One Bank

Today, Thursday, May 10, 2012 I received a formal letter from Capital One stating they have finished the acquistion of accounts from HSBC U.S. credit card accounts to Capital One, including accounts from Orchard Bank, Household Bank, Direct Merchants Bank and several other brands. A note that at this time our account numbers will stay the same. Additionally, customers will not receive cards carrying the Capital One logo. If a customer has both an exisiting Capital One and HSBC accounts they will not be combined or consolidated. Paying bills remains unchanged for the short term and that Capital One banking branches are not able to process HSBC payments. Online account management remains unchanged for now. Account questions, continue to call the telephone number on the back of your credit card or on your statement. You will notice that your credit history will show the card company as Capital One replacing the other banking names. Further, present account features will continue as is. Capital One said it will take time to absord all of the accounts and integrate them into the Capital One family of cards.

I noticed that Capital One has been doing soft pulls on my eqifax report. Is it customary for them to stalk you like that?
11 years 10 months ago #3
  • Wanderer

Today, Thursday, May 10, 2012 I received a formal letter from Capital One stating they have finished the acquistion of accounts from HSBC U.S. credit card accounts to Capital One, including accounts from Orchard Bank, Household Bank, Direct Merchants Bank and several other brands. A note that at this time our account numbers will stay the same. Additionally, customers will not receive cards carrying the Capital One logo. If a customer has both an exisiting Capital One and HSBC accounts they will not be combined or consolidated. Paying bills remains unchanged for the short term and that Capital One banking branches are not able to process HSBC payments. Online account management remains unchanged for now. Account questions, continue to call the telephone number on the back of your credit card or on your statement. You will notice that your credit history will show the card company as Capital One replacing the other banking names. Further, present account features will continue as is. Capital One said it will take time to absord all of the accounts and integrate them into the Capital One family of cards.
11 years 11 months ago #4

Replied by Roughdraft on topic Re: Capital One Bank

No, but I have noticed that on my credit report as of a couple days ago, that my credit inquires that were HSBC now say "Capital One/HSBC". It's the first thing I have seen so far. I called a couple months ago, as I have the Direct Rewards Discover card. The agent, who I'm sure was there to answer a multitude of card types did say that my card would convert over to Capital One, but couldn't say if it would remain a rewards card or not? However, now that I think about it, when I try to access the rewards section of the webpage I have been getting an error message. Everything else looks the same. Still has the red logo and insignia as before. I plan on closing it in a few months to avoid paying the $59 annual fee, but I will hang on to it for now as I am curious to see what is to become of it.
11 years 11 months ago #5

Replied by classy75 on topic Re: Capital One Bank

Has anyone ever gotten this message when you requested a CLI from Capitol One (or should I say Crapitol): Credit Bureau information is missing or unavailable???? Then it goes on to say that my credit score is missing or invalid. What the what??????
11 years 11 months ago #6

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Capital One Bank

Thanks for the info Wanderer, this is very helpful.
11 years 11 months ago #7
  • Wanderer

HSBC brand cards are no longer allowed to be promoted, per directive of Capital One. Current cards and mentions must be removed, and Orchard Bank must not be promoted under HSBC or Capital One until further notice. I think this is all the legal steps they must take, but once it's all said and done, I'm not sure if Capital One will keep the Orchard line going, or market it towards another brand or with their own brand.

More... effective to May 1st, 2012 the HSBC USA Nevada NA bank and credit cards are being transferred to Capital One Financial, First Niagra Financial Group and HSBC Group will keep some HSBC Credit Cards such as their Premier Card. HSBC USA NA Nevada renumbered some Mastercards to fit them in with the combined system. The HSBC American Express, HSBC Discover and other related cards will be maintained and brought over to Capital One Financial at the same time. For the time being the cards may maintain the HSBC look without "The Worlds Local Bank" while Capital One Financial decides the final fate and outcome for the HSBC Cards.
11 years 11 months ago #8

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Capital One Bank

HSBC brand cards are no longer allowed to be promoted, per directive of Capital One. Current cards and mentions must be removed, and Orchard Bank must not be promoted under HSBC or Capital One until further notice. I think this is all the legal steps they must take, but once it's all said and done, I'm not sure if Capital One will keep the Orchard line going, or market it towards another brand or with their own brand.
11 years 11 months ago #9
  • Wanderer

It will be interesting to find out how Capitol One treats the former HSBC card holders! That carried they're premium cards like you do Wanderer! I know you said you dropped Capital One in the past. Will you do the same thing now that they took over the HSBC cards? Well I wish everyone good luck with Capital One!

As I consider closing my HSBC USA NA Prime Credit Cards I had a hope that Capital One Financial might figure it out and try to act like a prime bank. So, maybe I should cool it for awhile. Based on the different postings on FG, I probably will NOT hold my breath. Most unfortunate!!!
11 years 11 months ago #10

Replied by kdb030609 on topic Re: Capital One Bank

Well HSBC Bank USA NA cardholders. it has happened. I received a replacement HSBC Cashback Platinum Mastercard with a letter informing me that the issuer HSBC Bank Nevada was no longer the issuer. The new issuer is HSBC Bank USA , National Association effective to March 31, 2012 and is now governed by the laws of the state of Virginia whether you live in Virginia or not.

If my memory serves me right that is where Capital One Financial headquarters from. It seems the HSBC Brand Cards will remain through part of 2014.

It will be interesting to find out how Capitol One treats the former HSBC card holders! That carried they're premium cards like you do Wanderer! I know you said you dropped Capital One in the past. Will you do the same thing now that they took over the HSBC cards? Well I wish everyone good luck with Capital One!
12 years 1 day ago #11
  • Wanderer

Well HSBC Bank USA NA cardholders it has happened. I received a replacement HSBC Cashback Platinum Mastercard with a letter informing me that the issuer HSBC Bank Nevada was no longer the issuer. The new issuer is HSBC Bank USA, National Association effective to March 31, 2012 and is now governed by the laws of the state of Virginia whether you live in Virginia or not.

If my memory serves me right that is where Capital One Financial headquarters from (I remember now, McLean VA). It seems the HSBC Brand Cards will remain through part of 2014.
12 years 2 days ago #12
  • Wanderer

Well FG posters, it is all over but the crying. The Feds approved Capital One Bank USA NA purchase of the HSBC Bank Nevada USA Credit Card Unit (scheduled to take place during the second quarter 2012). Results will be less banks issuing credit cards. Don't get in trouble because you will have less options and Capital One does keep records of who didn't perform well with them. Speak with experience.

Cut from the Comptroller's ruling:

Comptroller of the Currency Administrator of National Banks
250 E Street, SW Washington, DC 20219 (
202) 874-5060

March 9, 2012

Richard Kim, Esquire Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz 51 West 52nd Street New York, New York 10019-6150

RE]Bank (USA), National Association, Glen Allen, Virginia, for prior approval to acquire substantially all of the assets and assume certain liabilities of HSBC Bank Nevada, Las Vegas, NV (the “Applications”).

Application Control Numbers]
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (“OCC”) here by approves the Applications by Capital One, National Association, McLean, Virginia (“CONA”), and Capital One Bank (USA), National Association, Glen Allen, Virginia (“COBNA”), to acquire substantially all of the assets and assume certain liabilities of HSBC Bank Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada (“HSBC Nevada”). These approvals are granted after a thorough review of the Applications, other materials you have supplied, and other information available to the OCC, including commitments and representations made in the Applications and by the banks’ representatives during the application process.
12 years 1 month ago #13

Replied by derek1061 on topic Re: Capital One Bank

I'm proof that Capital One does grow with you, they originally granted me a credit line of only $300 but I was enrolled in the credit steps program and it was increased to $500 after 5 payments. I called the backdoor number that a Capital One representative gave me and was granted an additional $1,000 credit limit, making my new credit limit $1,500, they also lowered my APR from 22.9% to 17.9%.
12 years 3 months ago #14
  • Wanderer

As the vultures circle overhead, HSBC USA and Capital One Financial are looking to close their sale in the second quarter of 2012. Questions that are arising equal what to do with the Orchard and Household Bank Credit Cards along with the Secured Cards since they compete with Capital One's. Thoughts include eliminating the HSBC equivalents. It will be interesting!

Many of us on this FG site have strong views on Capital One's small credit lines and the attitude by Capital One Financial of just opening another credit card account with a small credit line. In the past, HSBC would grow some of their cards. For myself, closing down my two HSBC Cards will likely be the option as I have had seven Capital One Cards and only the business cards ever grew with me. I feel better now that I said that!
12 years 3 months ago #15