Warren Buffet's Perfect Indicator

Replied by FrankN on topic Warren Buffet's Perfect Indicator

That is a great quote, and he has done a very good job at doing that in the past. Its always good to prepare for your predictions if you believe them to be true.
7 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by Curry on topic Warren Buffet's Perfect Indicator

This is one of my favorite one's: "Predicting rain doesn't count. Building arks does."

Preparation for something bad to happen is more important that predicting it will happen. Your prediction won't save you, nor will it stop the act from happening. Very down-to-earth advice.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Curry.
7 years 10 months ago #2

Replied by Breakinger on topic Warren Buffet's Perfect Indicator

I agree with you, Cents. I'm sure he will never let the secret out of how he really predicts the market as well as he does. I will admit that I don't follow him as closely as I should, but I do love some of his famous business quotes.
7 years 11 months ago #3

I think its also important to note, he certainly isn't the only person to attribute to his success, especially today. He is getting up there in age and has a huge investment team behind him. I would say he is not in the deal flow today as much as he was in the 70s and 80s. He still likes to give advice and be in the public, but I would say he isn't running the day to day investments anymore.
7 years 11 months ago #4

Replied by Cents on topic Warren Buffet's Perfect Indicator

I will admit I pay attention when I hear Warren Buffet's name come up, but I don't go out of my way to follow him or seek out his comments. I tend to think he probably keeps his true strategy close to the vest and what he puts out for the public is very generalized.
8 years 1 month ago #5

I agree. I would probably say I am not a Buffet cult follower, but I have to agree it is very hard to ignore his investment insights. He has been extremely consistent and obviously hugely successful when it comes to investing.
8 years 1 month ago #6

Replied by djames on topic Warren Buffet's Perfect Indicator

That's very true. Buffet is certainly not a bad one to follow when it comes to investment strategy. He makes money far more consistently than many so-called brokers and financial advisers.
8 years 2 months ago #7

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Warren Buffet's Perfect Indicator

ChrisB wrote: As always, it's hard to go against anything Buffet is saying or doing. Thanks for sharing this link. Very interesting.

That's the truth, isn't it?! Warren Buffet is a financial genius and I wish I had an ounce of his capability for knowing the right thing to do and when to do it.
8 years 2 months ago #8
  • BloodFood
  • BloodFood's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by BloodFood on topic Warren Buffet's Perfect Indicator

ChrisB wrote: As always, it's hard to go against anything Buffet is saying or doing. Thanks for sharing this link. Very interesting.

Thanks CHRISB I'll keep posting such good stuff stay tuned for more.
8 years 8 months ago #9

Replied by ChrisB on topic Warren Buffet's Perfect Indicator

As always, it's hard to go against anything Buffet is saying or doing. Thanks for sharing this link. Very interesting.
8 years 8 months ago #10
  • BloodFood
  • BloodFood's Avatar Topic Author

Warren Buffet's Perfect Indicator was created by BloodFood

There are few charts look as strong as s&p 500 and are providing some of the positive feedback as market is bottomed in 2009 and s&p 500 have gained 215% and some of the investors remains bullish, the market cap to gross domestic GDP ratio displays market is seriously overvalued.As per interview published in Fortune Magazine in 2001 warren buffet states that market cap to GDP indicator is probably the best single measure of where valuations stand at any given moment.
As per Buffet indicator s&p500 will return approx 0.2% a year at this level of valuation which includes dividends yielding around 2% a year.
www.profitconfidential.com/economy/warren-buffett-indicator-market-cap-to-gdp-ratio-overvalued/
8 years 9 months ago #11