Home Members Tools Credit Cards

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Question Applied Bank Credit Card

Just wanted to know if anyone here has heard of this bank's credit card (they offer a secured card). My DH received an offer in the mail and I told him to hold off appling until I could get some more information.

TIA,
    rwmtd
    Last edited by rwmtd; July 18th, 2008 at 10:49 AM. Reason: forgot something

Default Re: Applied Bank Credit Card

Quote Originally Posted by rwmtd View Post
    Just wanted to know if anyone here has heard of this bank's credit card (they offer a secured card). My DH received an offer in the mail and I told him to hold off appling until I could get some more information.

TIA,
    rwmtd
    Did you check out the reviews for this card, if not hop on over to the cc reviews part of this site

Post Re: Applied Bank Credit Card

Quote Originally Posted by KMoney View Post
    Did you check out the reviews for this card, if not hop on over to the cc reviews part of this site
    Hi KMoney, thanks but I did a search before I posted and could find anything under applied bank or applied credit card. They only thing I do know about them is that they have branches in NJ and Delware.

I believe they are a typical sub-prime card issuer. Although its a secured card they still impose fees. You can only get it if you were invitee to apply though. Have you checked out their website?????

Cireone, thank yes I did check out their website but I didn't find out any information such as interest rates etc. Just wanted to know if others here have had any dealings with this particular bank.

TIA,
    rwmtd
    Hello i got a letter in the mail offering me a secured card for a 200 deposit. Have not replied yet.

I hope Im not crossing into unchartered territory but theres a website called whogavemecredit.com. It states what approvals/denials from consumers and their scores, APRs, AF, and other tidbits about their exprerience applying. I believe Applied Bank is listed.

Quote Originally Posted by cireone View Post
    I hope Im not crossing into unchartered territory but theres a website called whogavemecredit.com. It states what approvals/denials from consumers and their scores, APRs, AF, and other tidbits about their exprerience applying. I believe Applied Bank is listed.
    Cireone, thanks I'll check this site out.
    Last edited by rwmtd; July 18th, 2008 at 04:16 PM. Reason: typo

I have the secured card. I have not had any problems. I even sent in more money to increase my limit and haven't had any problems. They do report to the credit bureas as well. I will get rid of the card in a few months just because i am begining to reestablish my credit profile,
    mrrob

mrrob, thanks for the information. I do have one question, however, do you have to pay any other fees other than the annual fee? Are there any monthly fees etc.

TIA,
    rwmtd

I have heard Applied Bank is a better card than First Premier Bank but that would probably be my last choice. I would try getting approved for a card from Hooters, Cap 1, or HSBC first.

Applied Bank was formerly Cross Country Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Meya View Post
    Applied Bank was formerly Cross Country Bank.
    Meya, thanks, after reading all of the replies here and on the review (which I was finally able to find) I've told my dh to shred the application and then burn it he will go for something else.

Thanks again everyone!!

rwmtd

No problem, make sure the shredder is cross cut confetti...lol I do not like Cross Country, I am waiting for them to come off of my credit report by 09 or less

Meya, thanks, after reading all of the replies here and on the review (which I was finally able to find) I've told my dh to shred the application and then burn it he will go for something else.

Thanks again everyone!!

rwmtd
    Excellent Move