Home Members Tools Credit Cards

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default WaMu PFICO Scores

I'm starting this thread to explain the differences between the PFICO score offered by WaMu monthly and the real FICO score. I have realized that the PFICO score is NOT your real FICO score. It is considered to be a FAKO but its scoring system is the closest to the real FICO scoring system. There will be a margin of difference between your PFICO and your real FICO score.

It would also be a great idea if everyone who has a WaMu card could post their PFICO scores monthly.

My PFICO score for the month of April was 632.
    My PFICO score for the month of June is 667.

There is a 35 point increase which means I am doing all the right things which is increasing my scores.

Default Re: WaMu PFICO Scores

PFico for June was 614, May was 605, April was 634
    TransUnion Fico as of 6/19/09 was 632 so there was a 18pt diff. This is the most diff that I have seen as they are usually within 10pts

When I first received the card my score on WaMu was 652 (TransUnion) in Dec of 07. It climbed to 654, then 656. My score jumped to 660 in May 08 and by June it hit 689. I have an American Express and have credit scores through CreditSecure. My scores differ significantly from WaMu. I dont know which one is actually true but either way it has improved.

So which score would credit issuers look at?????

Question Re: WaMu PFICO Scores

Here are my PFICO scores: Jan-585, Feb-602, Mar-621, Apr-623, May-639, Jun-646.

I have subscribed to a couple of credit monitoring services, Chase Identity Protection and Triple Advantage. Here is my scores from Chase:

490 EQ, 536 EX, and 552 TU

My score Plus from Experian is 630. Which is closer to PFICO and not anything like what Chase is showing. Is Chase's service a FAKO? If someone tells me it is, I am going to cancel it.

Hmmm, I've tried CreditKeepers, Credit Diagnosis, BofA credit monitoring...just to name a few. After looking at my BofA scores..I've decided to pull my true Fico in 01/08. It was 502, BofA had it at 562, I was so upset I cancelled the service. After that I've tried the 7 day 30 day trials...none were close to the true Fico.

So, I applied for Creditchecktotal...it was about 15points off so i've been when them for about 6 months now at a hefty $19.99 a month. The points are still off 20 to 30 points from my true Fico's...now its showing as:

CC TU 568 Fico 592, EX 568 Fico 601, EQ 568 Fico 615. I'm just glad that my true Fico's are higher. Creditchecktotal updates the scores daily and they that a bunch of other features...When ordering you True Ficos..Join my Club on this forum....TrueFico's. I don't know if any monitoring service is going to be a close as your True Fico scores...hope this helps.

Arrow Re: WaMu PFICO Scores

Hey Yoyo, thanks for the advice. I am going to cancel that Chase Identity Protection but keep Triple Advantage from Experian because they send me alerts whenever there is a change on my cr. I also believe the Plus score I get is pretty close to the real FICOs. The scores I got from chase were almost 100 points lower (EX 536 vice 630 from Triple Advantage). I will try for the real FICOs after the first of the month so all or most of my accounts will post on my cr. Thanks again

The only thing with the WaMu PFICO is that it shows a score from only one bureau. If you have more than one credit card account it may show a different bureau's score. I do however like the scores of WaMu versus CreditSecure from AmEx. Just dont which one is closest to the actual scores.

My PFICO for July still hasn't updated.

Quote Originally Posted by hjm331 View Post
    My PFICO for July still hasn't updated.
    Mine hasn't either. Still showing 646.

Thats true it does take forever to get an update to the current month.

Actually, there are several different types of Fico scores. There are bank, mortgage and auto ficos which are all weighted a bit differently.

As I understand it, WAMU's Fico score is called a PFico score which is a bank Fico scored used to determine credit card worthiness. So in a sense, it is a real Fico score. IMO, it is the closest to the actual FIco score that you will get if you purchase it from Myfico.com or Suze Orman or Equifax.

Usually Wamu reports around the 20 or 21st of the month.

My pFico has not been updated either... Its already the 21st

I read somewhere that if you have a credit monitoring service somewhere else it wont update... Anyone has a credit monitoring service and their pFico still updates?

Mine is usually updated by the 16-17th of each month.

Quote Originally Posted by RivasGlo View Post
    My pFico has not been updated either... Its already the 21st

I read somewhere that if you have a credit monitoring service somewhere else it wont update... Anyone has a credit monitoring service and their pFico still updates?

Mine is usually updated by the 16-17th of each month.
    I have a credit monitoring service for the last sevveral months and from what I can see my PFICO has updated every month except this month and I do not know why. I do know that my score with Triple Advantage has never changed since I subscribed about 8 months ago. No matter what changes on my cr, the score stays the same. Always 630. At least Wamu shows my scores increasing.

Rob72830, can I ask what you did between April and May that caused your scores to go up by 16pts? It seems clear that you are obviously doing the right things as your scores have increased almost by 60pts.

Great job?

BTW, I have a credit monitoring service and I still get my WAMU updates. I'm not sure what is going on this month. Another note, my Pfico seems to be a few points (5-7) lower that the Fico scores that I purchase.

I'm expecting to see a nice jump in my PFICO soon so WaMu can give me a CLI when my 6th statement cuts.