Home Members Tools Credit Cards

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chase

For any of you that have good credit and are looking for a card I have found through personal experience that Chase Bank is one of the best banks to deal with.

I cannot, for the life of me, get approved for a chase card.

I've tried thrice, now. I can't get a break! LOL Or, it could be that I have too many cards already (5 total). And with all the new applications, I'm sure my FICO has gone below 700. But, I'll keep trying. I'll just wait a few months until I do it.

Definitely slow it down! I read your other post about instant credit responses turning into 30 days. Chase does not want to see applicants with numerous recent inquiries. This will make you appear to be in a desperate situation. I would recommend waiting at least 9 - 12 months before applying for another line of credit before trying again. Have those balances paid down to 20% - 30% of your available credit limit, and don't apply for credit again until you try Chase!

Quote Originally Posted by 100001
    Definitely slow it down! I read your other post about instant credit responses turning into 30 days. Chase does not want to see applicants with numerous recent inquiries. This will make you appear to be in a desperate situation. I would recommend waiting at least 9 - 12 months before applying for another line of credit before trying again. Have those balances paid down to 20% - 30% of your available credit limit, and don't apply for credit again until you try Chase!
    Aw shucks! Sounds like I'm headed for the credit-card Rehab, huh? Nevertheless, waiting 9-12 months is great advice! I think I can manage that. At least, I hope I can. Whenever my husband sees me filling in another application, he'll peek over my shoulder and ask, "now what are you applying for?" LOL I got caught up in the "I got approved" whirlwind and couldn't swim out.

Another great advice you gave is to pay down the balances I currently have. I'll be paying half right after Christmas, and pay the balance down to "0" by mid-January. I'm not sure if I should just let it sit without making any further purchases, or buy something small every month and pay it off monthly? Not sure.

Thanks for the advice!

Looks like we are going to have a new member in the Credit Addicts Club. Slide over Cliff, we need to make room.

Quote Originally Posted by 100008
    Looks like we are going to have a new member in the Credit Addicts Club. Slide over Cliff, we need to make room.
    Show me the way. Is there a membership fee to pay for this club? And, do you take credit cards? LOL

"CREDIT CARDS"! If I can' get a chase card, how in the world can I posses a credit card machine? From my understand, you have to have good credit for that!

Here is the link to read the rules and regualtions (which is simple and some has slipped), and I will send you an invitation right now. Just click to accept, and swear that you willl try to leave the "Love Buttton" alone for a while....lol
    http://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNe.../creditaddicta

I don't want to apply for any new cards right now. I want to let the 7 that I have age. The next card I want to apply for is the HSBC AMEX. To be quite honest, I think that it will be the closest thing to a REAL AMEX that I might receive in the forseeable future. I need to let some inquiries fall off first.

Quote Originally Posted by 100008
    ...and swear that you willl try to leave the "Love Buttton" alone for a while....lol
    http://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNe.../creditaddicta
    Ah Jeez.. hitting that "Love Button" is how I was going to start my day off. LOL

Thanks for the invite, I was looking for a thread and couldn't find it. Thought I was going blind or just losing it. LOL

Like Clifton, I'm going to lay low for a few months. sighhhh

Uh-oh, I clicked on the link but it says, "Sorry, but you are not allowed to access this forum." I'll take it as a sign that I am cured.

Quote Originally Posted by 100402
    Uh-oh, I clicked on the link but it says, "Sorry, but you are not allowed to access this forum." I'll take it as a sign that I am cured.

Go over to your left where it says "Community Tools", click "Clubs' and then click "Credit Card addicts". Did you make sure to check to see if your profile is not hidden? I can not send you an invite if it is locked. Open the door and quit hidding, you already confessed. You know that I will love to have you there, all we have to do is get our home timings together and schedule dates and times to sign in. Me and Pam is still in stage one. I have been that way for about 3 months now, until I had to apply for the "Select Comfort" application. I was approved, but my scores did not move anywhere from the pull. It's been about 5 days since I got it and I also received the Alert from True Credit about the pull from EQ. Do you think it is going to stay that way, or will it soon drop?

Chase is such a hard place to get a credit card at. Even if you have good credit they are hard to get a credit card with. Their interest rates are also high, especially with student loans.

You are correct! The only thing I am qualified for is the student loans from them.

Chase seems to love me for some reason. I have two cards with them and they keep sending me offers for new cards. I don't need a buisness card because I don't have one.

Chase seems to love me for some reason
    Well I wish they will show me some love, they can't stand the grounds I am walking on unless it is a student loan.