Home Members Tools Credit Cards

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Credit Card Reviews - Updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarwen View Post
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by KMoney View Post
    This is great I have been posting my little reviews . Thanks for all that you do to make FG exciting and great place to learn
    No problem! I'm glad that this is turning into a success, thanks to all of us.

Mike

Exclamation Re: Credit Card Reviews - Updates!

Quote Originally Posted by finance Globe View Post
    just A Quick Note On Some Updates Made To The Reviews:
    • review Content Must Now Contain At Least 75 Characters.
    • members Cannot Post More Than 1 Review Per Card. Comments Are Unlimited. If You Are Updating A Review, Please Post As A Comment To Your Original Review.
    • work In Progress: You Will Find The Quality Score For Reviews Shown For Each Review, And Also Have The Option Of Hiding Reviews With Low Scores. This Will Save Readers Time That Are Looking For Reviews Of Higher Quality. All Members Are Free To Rate A Review, Located On The Left Of The Review Page.
    also, please Remember To Use Reviews For Reviews! Not For A Question Board. That's What This Forum Is Setup And Used For.

Thanks!
    11/30/2008

Just wanted to update everyone about rating the reviews. When we read members reviews in the Credit Card Reviews section, let's not forget to rate these members for their postings. I rate them everyday because they are helpful and I appreciate anyone taking the time out to rate a card. Let's give them credit where credit is due.

These members has helped many of us select which card that we believe will be of valuable to us through reputation of real life experience, which cards may be a disaster, or will discourage our overall experience with the card (like Tribute for example). Nothing is better than real life experience from others. Furthermore, your rating is confidential, and you have a choice of giving them the amount stars that you think their posting is worth. All is asked is that you carefully select the best rating because you can only rate ONCE, and to not be biased. That same respect will be given unto you!

One more thing, I find it easier to rate the review before I post a comment. If I don't decide to post a comment, I still rate the review, that way it will help me not to forget. If I don't take this route, I find myself going back to posts to make sure that I gave an honest rating because I tend to forget to go back and rate. That that does take up time, and may cause a person to just keep on going to the next post without rating the previous.

Thanks everyone!

Hello Mike! I was going to add this in the suggestion thread, but my story relates to the updates not he reviews..lol. Hey I have thought of an idea, when members post a review, majority of them does not realize that their review is a "One Time Review Per Card" and they post about applying, being denied, someone else story of the card, or something in that nature.

I was wondering if a bold warning can be added to let them know in advanced that the review they are about to post on a certain card can only be done once, all others will be added to comments. Maybe then they would hold on until the card has arrive, been approved, or until they have established an overall experience with the card. Please let me know what you think, or crack my face and tell me that it is already there

Question Costco Amex

I'd like to add a review for the Costco Amex card...any tips on where it is on this site?

Thanks

Default Re: Costco Amex

http://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/review670-2391.php

To add your own review of the card, click on "Write A New Review For This Card" below "Add A Comment".

Default Re: Costco Amex

Car03,

I am interested in reading your review, I look forward to hearing from you! :D

Joey

Called Macy's today, I have had my account for 9 months and always paid in full, after starting at $100.00 and six months $200.00, well today I called and got an increase of 500.00!!!! I have found that if you dont carry a balance and always pay in full Macy's will take care of you! Because of all your help through out this past year, I have been able to establish great credit, buy a beautiful Cadillac CTS at 4.99% and by April of next year I will be turning the key to my new home! All these things that have always seemed so far out of reach are becoming a reality! This site is more powerful than anyone will ever know! Lets make this site the best it can be! Thanks again Patrick

Congrats on the Cadillac! That's a sweet ride, and a great rate! The interest rate, was that offered to you by GMAC Financing or did you apply for a loan before you went into the dealership to buy it?

I manage a car dealership, I actually arrange financing for customers, but I know a person at a local credit union who hooked me up, I put some money down on my caddy, and financed it for like 10,375, she did a rate match at a local bank, 48 months at 4.99%, My caddy is a 2003 CTS Luxery, with 39,000 miles on it when I bought it, it was a no brainer for me and the credit union, and get this, my score was a 478 with Transunion, but they dont look at score, they look at DTI and the last two years of payment history, I have a small auto loan with my bank, and paid it off, so that helped. they also liked the equity, they are a great credit union, not score driven at all, and it you pay them perfect, they will always loan you money

It's great to hear that you have established a relationship with a local CU. They will always be there for you when you need to borrow money. What's the name of this CU? I might've heard of them.

Professional Federal Credit Union, They are out of Ft Wayne Indiana, they started a credit union formed by a group of teachers, in years ahead they have branced out to others and allowed more people to join

Seems like a lot of credit unions are opening doors without sponsorship or through jobs. I think this is cool! It's how I got in!

Quote Originally Posted by patrick12 View Post
    Called Macy's today, I have had my account for 9 months and always paid in full, after starting at $100.00 and six months $200.00, well today I called and got an increase of 500.00!!!! I have found that if you dont carry a balance and always pay in full Macy's will take care of you! Because of all your help through out this past year, I have been able to establish great credit, buy a beautiful Cadillac CTS at 4.99% and by April of next year I will be turning the key to my new home! All these things that have always seemed so far out of reach are becoming a reality! This site is more powerful than anyone will ever know! Lets make this site the best it can be! Thanks again Patrick

Congrats on the Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Meya View Post
    For some odd reason, I am not able to read Joeyman's review on the first Bank Visa Signature Card http://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/...showissuer=647

I was thinking, maybe its because the title was missing?
    That is now fixed. A quote in the title was causing the error.