Home Members Tools Credit Cards

Question Adult College Student & Educational Loans

I am hoping to get back to college in the Fall of this year. Here's the thing that is an issue about that. I want to go back where I started for College. Thing is the tuition has tripled since I was there and now its going to cost me $30K to finish (1.5 years). I don't make nearly enough money at work to afford that outright. My Father has agreed to help me, however I don't expect him to "help" out that much; as he just retired and won't have as much money coming in for a few years as he did when he worked.

My question is how do adult students get student loans and are the interest rates on the loans as ridiculous as I can imagine?

If anyone can refer me to a website or company that helps adult continuing education students I would be sincerely grateful.

Default Re: Adult College Student & Educational Loans

Im kind of going through the same thing, as far as student loans are concerned. The federal government offers student loans at extremely low interest rates, but its based upon certain financial qualifications, and not everyone qualifies. If you fid that you dont qualify for those loans then by all means check with your local credit union, as the tend to be more willing to help you and provide descent interest rates. Good luck

Fill this out ASAP: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/

My student loan is 4.5%.... but I only had like $2k.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyman View Post
    Fill this out ASAP: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/

My student loan is 4.5%.... but I only had like $2k.
    FAFSA is already filled out as is my state aid application. I have to wait now. But I don't see getting any financial help for our government. Thought I would throw the question out on here for suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuovocapitolo View Post
    FAFSA is already filled out as is my state aid application. I have to wait now. But I don't see getting any financial help for our government. Thought I would throw the question out on here for suggestions.
    It really depends on your income. Even if you get a few thousand that would help! I'm not really sure how private student loans work, because they're moderated by the government now. They used to be run by the banks! But that's definitely your next step after you figure out how much FAFSA gets.